Elms College Women's Lacrosse Coach/Equipment Manager
Head Women’s Lacrosse & Equipment Manager
Elms College, a NCAA Division III institution and member of the New England Collegiate Conference, in Chicopee, MA seeks a Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach and Equipment Manager. This is a full-time, 9-month, benefited position. Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Head Coach will be responsible for organizing, developing and administering the women’s lacrosse program, including budget preparation and the supervision of a part-time assistant coach: emphasis on recruiting and retaining student athletes and daily instruction in practice. Must be dedicated to building a successful, respected program and exhibit a strong commitment toward adhering to Elms College policies and guidelines.
The Equipment Manager responsibilities include overseeing and administrating all aspects that relate to the operation of the laundry/equipment program for 15 varsity programs, including all aspects of uniform collection and dissemination. Other duties include overseeing and coordinating set-up for all home athletic events and performing some routine manual tasks involved with the upkeep of athletic equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred in appropriate field.
- Previous experience in coaching is essential, preferably at the college level.
- Ability to relate well to the college community, including students, faculty and alumni, as well as the general public and media is expected as is dedication to the full educational development of the student athletes in the program.
- Candidate must possess a thorough understanding and working knowledge of NCAA Division III regulations.
- Background check will be conducted. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
How to Apply: Send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three (3) professional references via email only as Word or PDF attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Elms College is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer founded in the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph. Visit us on the web: www.elms.edu